The award-winning Al Johnson Performing Songwriter Contest is accepting 300 entries beginning January 1, 2020. The submissions will be narrowed to 10 Finalists who will then compete for the Grand Prize, Second Place or the Michael Terry People’s Choice Award. The deadline to enter is March 1 and all finalists perform live on stage at the Wildflower! Arts & Music Festival in Richardson that draws a crowd of 65,000 attendees each year.Read More
Ever dream of being a super star and singing your heart out at the Wildflower! Arts and Music Festival? If so, sign up to be a part of the 2020 Budding Talent Vocal Competition, which gives young singers a chance to showcase their talent. Finalist will perform at Wildflower! on the Singer Songwriter Stage in the Eisemann Center on Sunday, May 17 at 1:00 p.m. A panel of judges will select a winner in each of the categories. Make sure to add this performance to your Festival schedule and check out some of the best up and coming performers!
2020 Competition Rules
- Contestants wishing to participation in the 2020 Budding Talent Vocal Competition must complete an application by April 13, 2020. Contestants who have registered will be emailed a specific audition time by April 14, 2020.
- Contestants should sing one song from memory.
- Singers may accompany themselves on an instrument, bring an accompanist, or use an mp3 track. A keyboard will be available for use.
- Small vocal ensembles of two to four singers are eligible, but no bands will be allowed to enter the contest.
- Finalists are selected in five different age categories from preschool (Age 3) to 12th grade and will perform in the finals at Wildflower! on Sunday May 17, 2020.
Audition Date, Time & Location
Sunday, April 19, 2020
1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
City of Richardson Civic Center
411 W. Arapaho Rd., Richardson, TX
This year’s finalist were selected during a qualifying round on April 28. All finalist performed at the Budding Talent Vocal Competition Finals on May 19 at 1:00 p.m. on the UnitedHealthcare Singer Songwriter Stage in the Eisemann Center. The following is a list of all participating finalist and the selected winners.
Elayne Doggett – Winner
Amelia Langley – Winner
Abby Roth – Winner
Sathvika Ganesan – Winner